Saturday, 13 June 2009

Highgate's 'Fair in the Square'

Some pictures of today's marvellous 'Fair in the Square' in Highgate, which was better than ever, I thought.

Lynne Featherstone was judging the dog show - centre pic is the winner of the dog and owner 'lookey-likey' category. Bottom right is the runner up, though rumour has it that victory may have been squandered with a recent shearing of that labradoodle.
The chickens (top centre) were a new one on me. 'Chicken roulette' is a lottery in which you have to guess in which square the chicken will next do a poo. I was number eight, but I still don't know if I won, as the chickens were holding on gamely when I was there.
Huge thanks are due to the Fair Committee, who organise the whole day in Pond Square with the support of the Highgate Society.

No comments: